Learn step by step how to automate web applications using selenium webdriver with an easy to learn programming language.
Created by: Gabiste Akoua
Produced in 2014
What you will learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to build solid selenium automated tests using Selenium Webdriver Python API.
- You will learn how to install selenium on different platforms (Windows, Mac OS X or Linux Ubuntu).
- You will know how to locate web elements using XPATH or CSS Selectors.
- You will learn how to apply actions (clicking an element, sending keys to an element, selecting an element from a drop-down list etc) to web elements.
- You will learn how to queue selenium actions using ActionChains.
- You will know how to organize your selenium tests code in packages and how to wrap selenium calls.
- You will learn how to leverage concepts like Page Objects and UI Mapping in order to make your selenium tests code maintainable.
- You will know how to use nose to collect selenium tests without the need of manually creating a test suite file.
- You will learn how to distribute your selenium tests using Selenium Grid.
Overall Score : 84 / 100
Live Chat with CourseDuck's Co-Founder for Help
- Selenium installation on several platforms (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux Ubuntu)
- Locating elements on a web page using XPATH, CSS SELECTORS etc.
- The Selenium Webdriver Python API
- Organizing and refactoring your selenium tests code
- Implementing Page Objects and UI Mapping in order to make your selenium code maintainable.
- Collecting selenium tests automatically using Nose so that you don't have to create manual test suite files.
- Distributing Selenium Tests using Selenium Grid
- The best practices when writing selenium tests
This course helped me get an interview at Harvard University.
I have been trying to learn Selenium for ages, but I just wasn't getting it. Then I took a Python course, followed by this course. It was such fun! Because of this course, I was able to upload some coding samples navigating to my Github account, where I was navigating to the login screen and signing in using a test account I created.The IT people at Harvard University liked it so much they are giving me an interview for a junior automated testing role. I would not be able to have been eligible without this course. ""
As title says Basics to Intermediate, it covers allVery Good course, It covers everything from basic setup to best practices of writing solid tests. Best part is the use of unittest and nosetests which is very much required if we have lot of test cases to execute. course will not only help beginners to start learning the basic concepts but will also help intermediates to understand best practices and managing test suites. waiting for advanced section :)"
If you want to learn Selenium with Python Bindings, Take this CourseAwesome course by an extremely helpful and well-organized professor. Clear instructions, lots of good examples and exercises, thorough, logical. Can't say enough good things. Gabiste is very helpful if you have any questions as well. Can't recommend enough. ""
******************************************************************************************************* Who this course is for:
- QA Engineers and Developers
With over nine years' experience testing and automating applications, Gabiste is an expert Selenium consultant and quality assurance professional who is now prepared to share his knowledge on Udemy.
Gabiste has automated many web applications from end-to-end for desktop and mobile using Selenium Webdriver and Appium (with Python), and he has helped organizations from startups to well-established companies put in place solid Selenium automation frameworks and procedures, including training staff on their proper use. He is a strong proponent of using Selenium in the cloud, and he has implemented it for most of the companies he has worked with. He has built complex automation infrastructures that integrate code management systems like Github/Bitbucket, continuous integration servers like Jenkins, and cloud services like Sauce Labs.
Having recently discovered Udemy, he now wants to take advantage of that platform to share his experience and help others. Join Gabiste's course to gain a deep understanding of Selenium Webdriver.